WTA on budget ultraportable tablets with stylus support
Resolved. Bought a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 (classic model)
I would like to ask for advices and suggestions on budget tablets with stylus support.
1) What is your budget?
Strictly RM1000 and below. Anything higher, can still be consideration. As of posting, it is circa USD 280. I'm keeping it maxed at USD350 and below, shipping included.
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
None. I just need something reliable.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
- scribbling, penning, jotting, taking notes, audio and perhaps video (classroom-esque situations). Hence why stylus support is a MUST.
- presenting with a wireless tool (like chromecast) to a group of people
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
I'll be taking it with me anywhere. I don't need anything ultra-powerful. I have a really good Clevo gaming laptop (see siggy) for that.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
As long as I can get. Nothing less than 3 hours.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
If I can see it, why not?
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
Windows or Android, fine. I don't think Linux has support. Strictly No Crapple.
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
No. Function over form.
15) When are you buying this laptop?
As soon as I make an educated guess, or informed decisions.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
As long as possible. If windows, the entire lifetime of windows 10 until the day Microsoft pulls the plug. If Android, until the day there aren't any more custom Android OS available.
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
64-128GB minimum, with microSD slot.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
No. However, I would prefer that it has HDMI output, or at least can project wirelessly.
Read responses in forum.notebookreview.com