Sturdy and reliable notebook: <...
Hi, I need an advice.
I'm looking for a sturdy laptop to put in a bag and bring in the office.
1) What is your budget?
< 1000 euros
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Acer; in the past I own a low end model: not very reliable. Xiaomi.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Typing (a lot), reading web pages, social media managing, a lot of opened tabs, simple photo editing (I have a desktop at home).
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
I'll put it in my bag and bring in the office
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
> 7-8 hours
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
I'm a Linux lover but for work I'm considering other os.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
Full HD is better
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Matte / non glossy or glossy with high brightness
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
In a week
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
Three years at least
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
I need an SSD drive.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
No optical drive needed
Sturdy, because I type a lot and I'm quite heavy.
Read responses in forum.desktopreview.com