Question about subnets and adding a domain controller
- [domain A] has a domain controller (DC) in [site 1].
- [domain B] has a DC in [site 2].
- I want to add a new DC for [domain A] in [site 2].
- The new DC has an IP address in the same subnet as the DC for [domain B] at that site
- I need to add subnets in ADDS for the new DC; some of those subnets are also registered in ADDS for [domain B]Is this going to cause any conflicts/problems? My assumption is no on the basis that if a user in [site 2] with a laptop registered to [domain B] tries to connect to a system in [domain A], it will know contact the new DC for [domain A] in [site 2] simply because it's a different domain (blah blah, DNS records, blah blah).
Am I right about that?
Read responses in arstechnica.com