1) What is your budget?
2.400gbp (give or take)
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
(but don't mind 14'' (to include stuff like the razer blade)
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Razer, Dell, Apple, Gigabyte, Lenovo
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
I will mostly remote from it to my office desktop so a very good screen and keyboard are important so that I can perform multiple
tasks simultaneously while remoted.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Travel every other week.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
played a lot of games more than 10 years ago. I would like to start playing again. With cloud gaming coming soon mainstream, maybe it is not that important to have a good graphics card. I would mostly play tomb raider, csgo, pubg.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Not relevant to me.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Prefer to see. But from the list below the only ones I have not seen yet are the Gigabyte and the XPS.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
Windows. But can install bootcamp on mac.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
Anytime whitin the next 3/4 months.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
SSD yes. 512GB is enough.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
Below what I think is a fair comparison between the models I am choosing among. The last 3 lines are my personal opinion.
Read responses in forum.desktopreview.com