New Laptop for Business/games
Hi all, I've been here at the forums on and off for years and you guys helped me buy my last laptop. Which I absolutely loved, so I figured why not try again.
1) What is your budget?
$1200 - $1500 including software
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Netbook; 10" screen or less
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12" screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Sager, anything that values subtlety
b. Dislike: None
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Depends on the warranty
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Usually 2+ year old games, I don't typically buy brand new titles right when they come out. Photo/video editing and A LOT of Remote Desktop work
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Yes, most recently, replayed the original mass effect series, the total war series, Skyrim, and Crusader Kings II, probably will be springing for Mass Effect Andromeda soon.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Four would be nice
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Sight unseen is alright,
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
I'm a fan of the 3x2 in the new surface book but that is a one off. 1920x1080 is a minimum for me but colors are more important to me
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
Very! I need this to look business like and I don't want a huge amount of coloring on the case
15) When are you buying this laptop?
Would like to pull the trigger this week.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
Up to 6 years. I don't need the newest stuff all the time but I do need a durable book.
17) How much drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
An SSD for the OS would be nice is not 100% necessary
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
I do need an optical drive but I won't be burning much of anything.
Thank you everyone for all your help!
Read responses in forum.desktopreview.com