Need Aesthetic Advice: Primochill Vue, Borosilicate, Black Chrome, Frosted Hardline
RIP soft tubing-in a short bit I should be making some serious upgrades to Dominator, my 800D build.
On the list of 100% happening are the following:
1. Painting my Apogee HD mounting bracket metallic graphite color to match my mothrboard heatsinks (X370-F Gaming)
2. Painting the PCI-E slot covers the same graphite color.
3. Painting that same graphite into the corsair logo on the host swap drive bay fan cover. The cover will still be black, but the logo will be graphite
4. Build a back lit RGB cover for the PSU basement that reads "800DOMINATOR". The 800 will be stenciled graphite the DOMINATOR will be backlit RGB on matte black acrylic.
5. Get a bigger reservoir (from a 150 to a 250)
6. Finish sleeving
7. Black pump top
The #5 change will be switching from a soft white tube build to a hard line build of some sort. What interests me is the Primochill Vue-specifically the black chrome color I have seen around the internet. But, I also want to get exotic and maybe use black chrome or borosilicate tubing. SO I have a few options:
1. Go to borosilicate or normal clear hardline with the gunmetal Vue.
2. Go to black chrome entirely-but use VUE inside so that it swirls in the 250 reservoir.
3. Hybridize the two- black vue with black chrome, and borosilicate/normal hardline
4. OR use the matte hardline made by Aplhacool, known as Eisrohr (satin). The only thing I don't like is that this would force me to use a colored coolant to maximize the effect of the satin tube. I want to keep it monochrome (I think) so I can use RGB lighting without color conflict.
5. Should I add a rear 120mm rad?
Here is a pic or two of my current rig:
Let me know what you think! I look forward to really doing this build right and keeping people updated! '); }
Read responses in overclock.net