MSI GE63 (8th Gen, 1070) vs....
1. What is your budget? Trying to keep it upto USD 2600
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? Buying from USA.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
b. Dislike: HP, Dell,
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? No
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Gaming, huge excel and productivity work,
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Both (on desk while gaming), but taking it places, since this is meant to be a fairly portable machine.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? FPS (BF1, COD:WW2, Crysis 3, this year's BF and CoD games)
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? 3 hrs+
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? Online is ok.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc. Windows 10
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.) 1920x1080
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.) Matte preferably, but Glossy is ok if the laptop is good enough.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? No.
15) When are you buying this laptop? If things go well, end-mid May
16) How long do you want this laptop to last? 2-3 years.
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive? Yes, SSD is necessary. Total storage of 1.5TB+, preferably (incl. HDD)
So just asking about this since they all weigh approximately the same, have the same GPU and compete in the same segment. I am interested in people's experience with their thermal performance, noise levels, build quality, overall performance, etc. If I buy, it will be through HIDevolution for the Zephyrus and Aorus, and Pro-Star for the MSI (
Read responses in forum.desktopreview.com