mbp 13 2015 stops updating cpu temperature
I have a program called istat menus showing me temperature of cpu cores on the menu bar thing. At some point istat menus just stops updating the cpu temperature (and most other temps if I click on it). I think I can reproduce it consistently - it stops updating temperatures ~5 seconds after I unplug the charger. Is this normal?
- Tried with both istat menus 6 and 5.32, on Sierra 12.06 and latest stable High Sierra.
- TG Pro and another "istats" software has the same problem.
- Intel Power Gadget however always shows the right temp.
- If I run "Heaven" benchmark, it shows some temp inside of the program, and istat menus resume working for some time, too. Fan starts spinning, all good.
- Diagnostic shows everything is fine. I also did SMC and NVRAM resets.
Read responses in forums.macrumors.com