How to make...
I had to reinstall Windows and I decided to try a new compilation that is known not to work with M18xR1 audio drivers. After some time spend on trying different ways of installing drivers I managed to get them to work. Here's how:
- Install Windows 10 1709 (Creators update) or later (known to be not supported by IDT)
- Downlad IDT sound drivers for M18xR1. Year 2011, Windows 7 x64, Code 3FXGF
- Unpack them and try to install, error will appear, click ok and reboot
- Now set setup.exe compatibility to "Windows 7", also check "Run as administrator"
- Run setup.exe, error will appear now don't click OK!
- Go to task manager, find setup.exe and kill this process from task manager. This will prevent it from deleting already installed components. Files installed prior to error are enough already to make HDMI In work.
- Restart your Alienware. In sound panel you should have IDT devices and also HDMI IN device in recording.
- Have fun with your HDMI In with sound.
Do not touch anything related to IDT, don't try to run IDT manager, it will crash anyway but your hdmi sound will work without it.
Read responses in forum.desktopreview.com