Looking for a good productivity...
1) What is your budget? $1800
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16” screen
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
I don’t mind any particular brand
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?no
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?photoshop, Dreamweaver, heavy web browsing.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Yes
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?no
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? 10 is a good number. I don’t mind a bit less.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?buying online is okay with me
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows 10 Mac OS
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.) doesn’t matter
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? No
15) When are you buying this laptop? Closer to the fall
16) How long do you want this laptop to last? 2-3 years
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive? 256gig is good
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner? No
So I have a beastly gaming desktop. Mostly right now, I am using it to browse the web and do peoductivity work. Also playing fortnite and a bunch of other shooters and such. It’s a fast machine with an Intel 8700k.
However I would like to use that as my gaming machine and have my laptop as a work machine/heavy web browsing/YouTube/Netflix machine. I will be connecting this to my Asus monitor that has a resolution of 2k.
I was looking at the Dell XPS 15 or 13.
I would like to have a gpu in the system however. Even though here will be no gaming on this machine, it is still nice to have just in case I need to do something intense editing. I really like the Lenovo and can get it for a good price but I hear the colors on the screen are a bit washed out and I’m not sure about the 8550U cpu. I also hear it’s quiet which is nice as well. I’d like to get an i7.
I do like the xps 15 however the heat the gpu can bottleneck. Will this be a problem for tasks that aren’t gaming?
Read responses in forum.desktopreview.com