Looking for gaming laptop, pls help
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen or
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen but not more than 17"
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
On my desk.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Yes, mainly fps games.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Not sure, but will have it plugged in most of the time.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Buying online without seeing it is ok.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Either one is fine for me.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
As soon as possible, hopefully this week.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
At least 3-5 years.
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want an SSD drive?
1.5-2TB in total, at least 500 SSD.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
I have no idea about computer stuff at all, just wish to buy something that can handle most games for a while. Some of my friends suggested these options for me but I wish to seek better advise.
A. MSI GT73 Titan Pro
And I have a few questions hope to find out the right answer.
I got all these info from my friends but they are telling me different ideas. Pls help.
1. Do I need a 120hz 3ms screen to play fps games? and avoid 4K screen since they are 60Hz?
2. Is it worth to build one from OriginPC or Maingear since they offer desktop CPU?
3. If the builder offer overclocking CPU/GPU, is it safe to do so? or I will most likely get overheat/throttling?
4. Do I need 16GB ram or 32GB memory for gaming?
5. Is there any built-in mechanical keyboard for laptops? if so, are they worth it?
6. I checked the specs of MSI GT73 and GT75 but I could not find much difference from them?
Sorry I have many questions, thank you so much for your time guys. =)
Read responses in forum.desktopreview.com