Laptop suggestion (lightweight) Max 1 lac
1) What is your budget? (INR. 1,00,000)
Although this is the maximum limit and if it comes to it, I'll purchase it with a grain of salt but comfort,convenience comes at a cost.
2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
- Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
- Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
- Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
- Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
Most important for me.
Thin and Light... 12" - 15" screen. I currently own Dell inspiron 5558 15.4" touchscreen which is a bit heavy. Generally I use a laptop on my lap and it feels heavy after a few minutes. It is a bit heavy to travel with also. And the adapter is also heavy. I like those macbook chargers which are not that heavy can be taken without much weight. I like those convertibles also but haven't really used on so can't comment.
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
I will use it mainly for office purposes like viewing/editing documents, spreadsheets which can be heavy in size. I'll rarely watch a movie on it. I do like playing pc games but I don't think I will be playing the latest game on it, so I would like to run games in average settings. Like I wanted to play Hitman's latest game which is my favourite series but even my desktop which has good graphics wasn't able to play it smooth.
So gaming is not a priority.
5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Macbook Air, Microsoft Surface Pro, HP Ultrabook.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Apple, Dell, HP
b. Dislike: Acer, Lenovo, Asus, Samsung, LG
6) Anything else you would like to say?
- Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ) (Full HD will do good)
- Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) ) (This is the second most important thing for me. I want a laptop which I don't have to keep it charged everytime. So 10+ hours battery backup is welcome. My current Dell has aroung 2.5 hrs backup and it makes me nuts to charge it every now and then. With more backup, I even have the option to take the laptop to my office without its adapter.)
- Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) ) I would like to purchase either online through Amazon, flipkart or through local store but not international since I don't have the experience.
Read responses in digit.in