Laptop for office use/light gaming
Looking for a laptop for mostly everyday use(internet, office, stuff like that) and some light gaming(maybe a few hours a week(Civ 6 Supreme commander is what I have in mind). Bettery life is importantt to me.
Looking at this laptop but I would prefer to spend less, is the below a good deal at 999(14 inch 512 gb ssd, Nvidia Geforce 940mx, 12gb ram, asus)?
10" screen or less
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12" screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
strong preference for 14 inches or less, will take 15.6 if I have to.
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Lenovo, Asus
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Light gamingand office stuff
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both, primarily stationary though.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
(Civ 6, Supreme Commander 2)
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
As much as possible(preferably 6 hours or above when performing office/surfing)
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
next month or 2
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
3-5 years or more
17) How much
Read responses in forum.desktopreview.com