Laptop for Music Production Student.
Hi , i am a Musical Production Student and i am looking for my first expensive laptop , in the past i have owned very cheap laptops, but finally i have the money to buy my first good laptop , i am really a huge gamer i like to play a lot , i need a laptop that i can carry everyday to the college and to be powerful enough to run audio programs like intensive DAWs ,recording and some video editing. I am heading towards the macbook pro 15 2017 512gb ssd, but for that money i dont know if i am choosing the right laptop . i am also thinking in the new asus rog zephyrus gx501. thunderbolt 3 is a must. and i need to buy it as soon as possible.
1) What is your budget?
2799 USD max.
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Netbook; 10" screen or less
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12" screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
Thin and light , but a 15" or more screen size would be ideal since i dont like small screens.
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
USA - Mexico.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: alienware, apple, asus, msi.
b. Dislike: cheap quality laptops like acer and hp.
i have used a macbook pro 13" in the past ,alienware 14", msi and others brands from friends and family and i think that most brands are ok.
But in the music and artistic bussines i think that an apple would be the best, please correct me if i am wrong.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
no, the laptop needs to be new.
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Music Recording, Production, lighweight gaming/ heavy gaming, homework.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Only to the college.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
i play a lot of mmorpg and i like to play sometimes online fps or games like dota and league of legends, but i always wanted to play modern games in high settings with good resolution.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
i dont really care about the battery.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
i have used and like both windows and mac os.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
IPS , 1920 x 1080 minimum.
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
i like matte screens.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
i need it before august.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
i need it to last a lot of time.
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
ssd, 512gb minimum
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
i dont need optical drive, i think is the best if the laptop doesnt have optical drive.
Read responses in forum.notebookreview.com