Laptop Buying Recommendation
I have been using Dell Inspiron 15R (4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD) for last 6 years without even a single visit to service centre and finally it is dead yesterday. Probably a HDD problem, it was behaving weird for last few months. Instead of struggling to make it work I would like to upgrade to a brand new laptop.
I always had Macbook Air in mind, due to its slim and sleek eye catchy design. But skeptical about ports/connectivity and storage space. How different it would be for a person using windows standard laptop for years. Pardon me, I don't have much idea in this space.
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
- Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
- Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Web browsing, movies, music, light video and photo editing, programming, reading ebooks
5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Core i5/i7
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Obviously Macbook Air, Found Asus Zenbook UX330CA attractive (but 4GB RAM?)
b. Dislike: Was using Dell for 6 years, now want to switch to something different.
Bit confused by multitude of models and brands in Flipkart and Amazon
6) Anything else you would like to say?
- Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) /1080p (Full HD) )
- Battery back up ( extended (5-7hrs) )
- Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, amazon )
- Would like backlit keyboard, good speakers, well build metal body, lightweight (below 2kg), No gaming
Read responses in digit.in