HELP REQUIRED URGENTLY - External 4TB USB 3.1 drive offline, fails to reactivate
Got an external 4TB drive of my friends which has his entire life on it that windows won't recognise, I have tried absolutely everything I know how including utilities and I am stumped here.
- It is a Dynamic Disk in GPT
- Unallocated partitions
- There were two partitions on it, 1 for games at 1.6tb and one for his camera business/life at 1.7tb
- These partitions are found in EaseUS utility but not windows, but I cannot gain access to them as it is offline.
- I tried to get the disk back online using the diskpart commands, failed
- I tried to reactivate, it failed
- I tried EaseUS's convert to basic disk without data loss, and it is now back online, but the partitions have now been deleted, which I knew would happen but there was no way of getting this device back online.
- I am now in the process of recovering his partitions, and it will take about 2 days at this rate, but it is currently my very last resort.
I have roughly 10 years of data recovery experience, and never had such a stubborn drive that was fully working before being removed from his old PC which had dieid and hooked up to his new one. It does not make sense, I followed every protocol... I just hope there is no loss any of his family pictures... I feel horrendous right now even though it is not directly my fault.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try?
As always any input is greatly appreciated. '); }
Read responses in overclock.net