Thin docking laptop for...
This is for my wife who wants a thin, light laptop with a docking station. I have used Dell's that do this well for years. I currently have a Dell 7000 series latitude which is fine, but I'm not up on the latest models and which ones to seek out. Reliability is important and I plan on getting a business warranty for as long as possible that fits the budget.
The other option is to go really cheap and replace every few years, but I don't think my wife will appreciate this...
1) What is your budget?
< $1,000 USD
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Netbook; 10" screen or less
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12" screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
c. - though thin and light with 15" is probably better.
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell Business latitude or other biz docking
b. Dislike: non-biz and/or non-docking
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Office, browser, e-mail. Nothing compute heavy.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Longer the better
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Buying online without seeing is okay
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
High rez (> HD preferred)
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Glossy preferrable (but flexible)
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
17) How much drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
SSD, 250 - 500Gig
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
Read responses in forum.printercomparison.com