Debating between Asus GL503VS...
1) What is your budget? $2,000-$2,300
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Debating between Asus and MSI
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? No
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Gaming
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Primarily at home but a little travel
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Yes, i play a variety of games..some AAA titles to small indie ones
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? not too much
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? Online ok
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc. - Win10
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.) - FHD is good, but would prefer 120hz or higher..that 144hz screen seems enticing
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Not that important but I don't want too much of a box
15) When are you buying this laptop? Now
16) How long do you want this laptop to last? probably at 3-5 years
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner? No
Hey guys..i'm kind of caught up between deciding between the Asus GL503VS and the MSI GE63VR. I'm really diggin that IPS panel but i haven't seen too much on the user experience with the Asus (i've already read a lot of the reviews but would like to see if I can find more user feedback).
The threads in the MSI group has been very helpful and are definitely swaying me more towards the MSI. Just wish it had the TB3, though I don't know how much I'd really use it.
I have an older Sager now and have traveled with it overseas but looking to find something a bit lighter and smaller profile.
anyhow, would appreciate any thoughts! thanks in advance!
Read responses in forum.desktopreview.com