BSOD During two specific games...
Hello, Techsupport. I've ran into two BSODs in the past weeks.
The first BSOD happened on the 16th April this year (2018).
I was playing Overwatch, which does not bluescreen for me normally.
I use Steam and added the Battle.net Launcher to Steam so that I could launch Overwatch or World of Warcraft and use the steam-integrated broadcasting so that my friends could watch me play.
This worked fine in most games and for hours on end until that day.
Suddenly, BSOD with error code "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1"
At first I thought it might just be a random muck-up and disregarded it.
The second one happened 10 days later, on the 26th of April 2018, which was yesterday.
The circumstances were nearly identical, but instead of Overwatch, the game I was streaming via steam was War Thunder.
Notable is that, the previous days, I streamed the game BATTLETECH for many more hours than I did War Thunder, and the BSOD never occured.
I have ran Windows Update and updated a few things by now, including my graphics driver, hoping that may have fixed the issue.
I also used BlueScreenView, which marked a "ndis.sys" and "ntoskrnl.exe" with red, but I have no clue what that means.
Now I have ran the SysnativeFileCollectionApp and zipped the folder.
It has quite a lot of information in there including IP Addresses and stuff, how safe is that? If this program has so much information, why do we require to write our PC specs and info into our threads?
I'll do it anyways, since I am the one requesting help.
If I've done something wrong, please don't lynch me!
I am not sure if I should run the Driver Verifier, I am worried that I might cause damage or make things worse, but if you need me to run it at all costs, I will give it a try. Let's hope the problem is obvious and it was just me having to update my Nvidia driver.
· OS - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista? Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64 , I believe
· What was the original installed OS on the system? As above
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Installed by the retailer
· Approximate age of system (hardware) Around three years (2015)
· Approximate age of OS installation (if you know) The same, I suspect
· Have you re-installed the OS? No
· CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
· Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
· MotherBoard (if NOT a laptop) MSI Z97-G45 GAMING Sockel 1150, ATX
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (if NOT a laptop) EVGA 650W,80Plus Gold
· System Manufacturer Atelco Computers (The retailer I bought it from)
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) Laptop or Desktop? Desktop
Read responses in techsupportforum.com