Best value Laptop for starting...
Hi , I am taking up deep learning as my next self learning adventure and I really don’t wish to be dependent on cloud computing as recommended to most beginners.
I was looking at the Acer helios 300 as its the cheapest 1060 6gb one can buy , but got scared because of the overheating issues I read about many places .
Please suggest . I can stretch the budget to maybe 1300 range .
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator. Amazon US
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No preference, needs to be reliable . I travel a lot so cannot rely on service . Need something that can serve well without help .
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Deep learning on neural networks
Other machine learning
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Both . But the plan is to keep it plugged in wherever I go .
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Not really .
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? The plan is to keep it plugged in most of the time .
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? No need to physically see .
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
Any would do . I would install Ubuntu anyway .
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
HD+. 900p atleast .
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Both will work . Matte will be preferred.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Not really .
15) When are you buying this laptop?
In a week .
16) How long do you want this laptop to last? 1-2 years .
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
Need primary SSD. An additional Secondary SSD is preferable otherwise will install it myself.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
Read responses in forum.printercomparison.com