Most "future proof" gaming laptop
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Msi, Alienware, Sager.. Most really
b. Dislike: Gigabyte, Acer and Asus
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Mostly gaming, using it a lot for processing RAW photo files + some light editing...watching a lot of movies, tv etc.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Staying mainly on a desk/ table or onto my bed for movies, I won't be taking it to a library or anything.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
A real mix, from titles like Metro Last Light, CSGO, GTA V, indie open world survival games... Basically I want silky smooth gameplay.
Gtx 1070 but prefer 1080
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Online buying only.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
12) Screen specifics:
Minimum FHD 120hz, but would really like 2k, 3k, 4k if possible
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
Relatively, I don't mind chunky looks like Sager notebooks. For instance on Asus ROG devices the bright orange exhaust looks tacky but the MSI gt73vr is tolerable for me.
15) When are you buying this laptop?
In the next 3-4 weeks.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
As long as possible of course.
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
Ideal would be 1 TB SSD and then a 250-500GB boots drive M. 2 SS... Might settle for a 1 TB HDD instead.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
Cooling is a big factor for me!
I had an MSI gs60 2pe in 2014 or something and it was hot, loud and after a year my performance dropped in half! Don't want that to happen again.
Read responses in forum.desktopreview.com