Suggestion on Intel 8th Generation Build
As my existing laptop is gone kaput after 7 years, its time for me to realize my long cherished dream for a nice desktop. I stay in Hyderabad and open for suggestions to buy online or locally and can even ask my relative to search in Delhi market. Also thinking to get the items from USA if possible. getting the RAM and SSD is quite easy for me.
Please find my replies below.
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming: Witcher series (1,2,3); Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, Assasins Creed (all games). Programming and software like SAS 9.4, R & Python.
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Tricky. It's now 1.25 lac because no point in saving 20K.
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO (Because I may not have the time and patience)
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10
5. How much is hard drive space needed?
Ans: 250 M.2 & 1 TB HDD. What is preferable M.2 + HDD or one single SSD of 1 TB
6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: No not now. May opt for Acer predator or a double monitor set-up after 1 year. As of now, I would be using it on my VU UHD TV. (I kind of understand the limitations)
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No Speakers, Keyboard, Mouse & Monitor
8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Definitely by Jan 2018. Someone is traveling so will get my M.2 NVME and G.Skill Trident Z RAM from the USA
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes. (Many, but the last one was 2008.) Have dis-assembled and reassembled my laptop >10 times.
10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad. I can get it locally or online or from USA (only items like M.2 SSD, RAM at max GTX 1070)
11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: This is not a troll. I am confused whether I opt for ASUS STRIX or GIGABYTE AORUS. SHould I get my GTX 1070 or 1080 from the USA as the price difference is huge? If everything goes as planned then I will have my Graphics card Ram and Disk Drive from the USA by the end of December.