1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
15" - 16" screen would be preference but okay with 17"
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No real preference.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
No real preference.
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
I carry it to and from work but I'm a big dude so a hefty laptop isn't something I'm scared of.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Wargame: Red Dragon and Total Warhammer II is probably the most intensive games I can think of.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
It will remain plugged in
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
No real preference
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
I like Windows 10.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.) I would really like a QHD (2.5K or 3k screen) but I hear that 4K can be scaled down without issue.
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Matte would be preferable but not a deal breaker.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
I prefer sleeper styles so nothing too flashy but nothing is off the table
15) When are you buying this laptop?
No real rush
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
Several years. Ideally 3+
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
Not important. I can always upgrade later. Would like the option of NVE/MSATA slots.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?