Non gaming powerful desktop replacement connected remotely
1) What is your budget?
$3.5k but I imagine I can get this done much cheaper.
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
I'll be connecting remotely to this laptop so I don't need a large screen, smaller is better so it takes a bit less room but really whatever is cheaper.
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No but reliability and service are important for me.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Connecting to this notebook through RDP and then running multiple different programs (some *heavy and buggy) at the same time with dozens of windows open at once. It also includes running a program that scans all of these windows for changes and another program that gathers information from these windows in to a massive SQL DB and then displays processed information on each window.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Notebook will be plugged in at all times.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
Windows 10 Pro.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
I don't mind.
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
I don't mind.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop?
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
SSD 512GB. I don't need a HD.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
I need a laptop with a LAN port. I prefer not using adapters.
16GB RAM is a minimum, probably prefer 32GB.
No DYI upgrades.
Thanks a lot everyone!