15" 1050 or 1060?
I'm a light gamer, maybe a few hours per week. Looking to buy something to handle Quake Champions, but will not be gaming all the time.
1) What is your budget? $1000 - $1400
2) What size notebook would you prefer? 15"
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator. US
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Dell, Lenovo
b. Dislike: Acer, MSI
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? Yes
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Quake Champions, normal web browsing and email.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Mostly used in my lap in a recliner. Will put on some sort of table/desk for gaming.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Quake Champions, Overwatch, COD
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? 1.5 hours+
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Online is fine
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
Not sure if I should get the UHD IPS or 1920
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? No
15) When are you buying this laptop? Within the next month or so
16) How long do you want this laptop to last? 3-5 years
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
Don't need a lot of space or SSD. I have a spare 256 GB SSD and plenty of larger non SSD drives around.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?