Need an everyday laptop, but it...
Hi guys, I'm looking for an everyday-usage laptop. The curveball is that I want one that is colored purple. I like HP in particular. I realize that my conditions are extremely shallow, but I won't be using it for anything other than everyday tasks, so...
Right now it's looking like I'm going to be getting an x360 from an Amazon vendor because HP stopped selling purple versions in their store. I'd prefer to get a standard laptop instead of a 2-in-1 due to size considerations and because I'm concerned that 2-in-1s are less durable. The problem is that the regular Pavilions I see from Amazon vendors appear to be older models than the x360s that are available. The best x360 has the 3.1 GHz 7200U Core i5 chips. The best regular Pavilions seem to only have the 6200Us.
So based on my paltry research, I can opt for a standard Pavilion with a 6200U or a less durable x360 with a 7200U. I don't want a refurb.
Are these my only options?
My spec requirements are below. If you guys have any additional advice I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12" screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
I prefer a lighter machine so I can't go up to 17".
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP
b. Dislike: Nothing in particular, I'm open to all.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Everyday usage, light gaming, coding (C++, Python, Java)
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Different places. I need a portable laptop.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Nothing serious comes to mind. Embedded graphics will be fine.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
I would like at least 6 hours on a full charge.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Buying on-line is fine.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
I'm not too particular about screen resolution, so long as it matches well with the screen size. I'm fine with a 1366x768 resolution on a 13-inch screen, for example. I don't want too fine a resolution that it becomes difficult to read the text. I won't be doing graphics work or hardcore gaming.
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
As shallow as this sounds, in this case they are of the utmost importance. I want a purple laptop.
15) When are you buying this laptop?
Sometime in the next month.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
I would like at least 100 GB, so I do not want an SSD drive.
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
No, but it would be nice to have a Blu-Ray burner.