High quality laptop of...
1) What is your budget?
$ 500- $ 600
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Dell M4800, Lenovo Thinkpad
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Yes. I only want to get the best laptop for the money.
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Movies and TV shows in Full HD with my wife. To play old games .Can edit home videos and photos. 2D drafting ( basic 3D drawing )
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
99% of the time it will take to travel.
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Diablo 2, Heroes 3, World of Tanks.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
As much as possible. Not less 5-6 haurs play full HD video. It is better that the battery was removable, one would have a second in reserve.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
I will be using Windows 7/10. But i don't mind if the laptop has no S.O. i can install it by my own.
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
I'm looking for a 1080p screen
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Mate.Good viewing angles.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
No.The thicker the better! No want to pay for low weight. More important to me than reliability. Easy to disassemble! And good cooling system.
15) When are you buying this laptop?
The next month or two
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
At least, 5 years or more.
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
I'd like to have 2 HD. an 128SDD and 1TB/2TB regular HDD
18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
Not my priority.
I think I need a laptop of past generations. Not lower than the Intel i7 3rd generation
Sorry for my English. I use online translator. And I am from Russia.