New "Gaming" laptop - budget
Hi, I am picking a new laptop. I was told waiting for Ryzen / Vega isn't smart, so currently deciding between
NH.GM4EC.004 (Acer VX15, i5 7300 HQ, 1050 Ti, 8 GB RAM, 128 SSD, 1 TB HDD)
80WK00MBCK (Lenovo Y520, i5 7300HQ, 1050 Ti, 16 GB RAM, 256 SSD, 1 TB HDD)
80WK004HCK (Lenovo Y520, i5 7300HQ, 1060 / 6GB, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, 2 TB HDD)
GE62VR 6RF (MSI GE62vr, i7 6700HQ, 1060 / 3GB, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD (7200))
Acer - I heard only the best about this one, but I dont like its keyboard. 130 - 150 dollars cheaper than the next Lenovo
Lenovo - I heard CPU overheats a lot, at 100 degrees Celsius
Over budget ones, so dont wanna go that way, but...
Lenovo - I think the GPU would be bottlenecked by the CPU and RAM quite a bit, overheating issue
MSI - Currently unavaialbe, many reviews say the build quality of the pannel is quite bad, even though colors and everything are okay... and that it overheats.
I cant get Clevos here. I understand the 1060 is much more powerful than 1050Ti, but I wouldnt use much of it I think...
1) What is your budget?
Around 1000 dollars. I dont wanna go higher, but I can... if there are reasons.
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Daily use and some gaming
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
I ll be leaving it at the desk, moving it couple times a year
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
I play LoL and mainly WoW, which any NTB should handle. The upcoming titles I would like to play at least at medium details would be Middle-Earth: Shadow of War and Elder Scrolls VI
9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
I would like to see them, preferably
11) What OS do you prefer?
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
1080p (I wont do VR gaming)
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
I dont like Dell's style Important a bit.
15) When are you buying this laptop?
Soon, July - August
16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
I would prefer 128 SSD + 1000 HDD, or at least 1000 HD (7200 rpm)
18) Do you need an optical drive?