P650HS-G Configuration Help
I've been reading all of the great information on the forum for awhile now. Finally in the market for a new laptop, and figured there was nowhere better to ask for help. From reading reviews, I'm fairly certain I want the Clevo P650HS-G, presuming it can play Witcher 3 on Ultra at 60+ fps. What I wasn't sure of, was configuration.
I would like to stay between $2000 and $2300, and if possible lower. I've talked with Donald at HIDevolution, and he helped a ton. Just had a few config questions, as I wasn't entirely sure as to real world experience differences, as opposed to bench marks. Also my big concern is temps. I am willing to take a small performance hit if it makes a good size difference in CPU/GPU temps while gaming.
My initial thoughts were:
LCD Panel: 15.6" 120Hz - 5ms Full HD (1920x1080) TN Antiglare Matte Type Display
Display Calibration: Yes
Display Warranty: Yes - 30 day
Video Card: GTX 1070
Processor: i7 7700HQ
Thermal Paste: IC Diamond both, or Liquid Ultra on CPU IC Diamond on GPU?
Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB) Dual Channel DDR4/2400MHz
RAID Options: No
1st 2.5" HDD/SSD Bay: 1TB 7200 rpm HDD SATA
Wireless Cards: Intel 8265
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
What are your thoughts on:
- 120Hz FHD TN vs 4k? Is it possible to run Witcher 3 on Ultra 60+ fps on 4k?
- What are your thoughts on the Display Calibration?
- Besides benchmarks will I notice a difference with the 7820HK/ is it worth the extra $125?
- I've seen mixed reviews on whether to go with Liquid Ultra, any thoughts?
Any help is much appreciated!
1) What is your budget? $2000 - $2300
2) What size notebook would you prefer? Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen.
3) Where will you buying this notebook? United States.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? Not in particular.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? No.
6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Gaming, mostly Witcher 3 and similar.
7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Both
8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? Witcher 3, and similar.
9) How many hours of battery life do you need? The more the merrier, though not expecting a ton from a gaming laptop.
10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? No, unseen is fine.
11) What OS do you prefer? Windows
12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.) FHD
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? No preference, as it will be used inside.
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Not particularly, enjoy an nice design, but definitely takes a back seat to function.
15) When are you buying this laptop? Next 2-3 weeks.
16) How long do you want this laptop to last? 4-5 years
17) How much hard drive space do you need? 500MB SSD, 1TB HDD
18) Do you need an optical drive? No