Eizo CX 241 for multimedia use
i'm looking for high quality 22''-24'' display for movies / programming / gaming.
few years ago i was about to buy Eizo FG2421 but decided not to buy since that monitor had bad quality control and if i
would get a faulty sample it would be very hard to return due to dumb product-return laws in my country.
so i waited for a high refresh VA (since i read that normal VAs are very slow) and in the past few months i started to read
about new high refresh VA panels such as the Lenovo y27g/f and samsung CFG70.
i've seen a review of the Lenovo Y27G () which shows that it has
bad blacks comparing to EIzo FG2421 and therefore decided not to buy it and wait for Samsung CFG70 monitors.
however it seems that samsung CFG70 monitors are also faulty (purple artifact,screen flicker when using freesync) so
i decided not to buy a CFG70 too.
so now my quest for a monitor that can display good blacks without IPS glow has reached to the eizo CX 241 which seems
to be IPS with ATW Polarizer and therefore would provide good blacks and image quality.
1)Does anyone here own EIzo CX241 DIsplay and can share his opinion on that monitor ?
2)Would it be OK for gaming if:
- I use to work with Dell U2312HM which have 8ms response time which is the same as the Eizo
- I don't play Online FPS games
- I do play games such as Skyrim,Fallout,Resident Evil....
3)Can anyone confirm that the CX241 Does not have cooling fans (Cooling fans has been in the previous model (cx240)) ?
(i've found a review on a polish site that show a disassembly of the CX241 and say that it does not have fans but a second confirmation
would be great
4)Do you have any other monitors recommendations if my requirements are:
- a great improvement from Dell U2312HM
- good blacks and No IPS Glow (So either a monitor with ATW polarizer or VA panel)
- 22-24 inch size (i don't have place for larger monitor)
- No Noise (so no cooling fans inside the monitor)
Thanks in advance for any opinion ! '); }