Metallic, distorted sound when headset in use only
I ran into an odd issue as of late and hope you might be able to help me identify the root cause.
Roughly a week ago when I booted up my machine I noticed extreme metallic, distorted sound coming out of my headset (Sennheiser PC360).
I tried a couple of things and here are my findings so far:
- The same kind of messed up sound comes out of my (cheap stereo) boxes for as long as the headset is plugged in additionally, if I only have the stereo boxes plugged in the sound is fine (also both front or rear work)
- It doesn't matter if I use the 3.5 mm jacks on the front or rear - both give the same result
- Using another 3.5 mm jack headphone or even simple earplugs also give the same sound
- Checking only for similar cases more often they recommend checking the DPC latency which i did but can kinda rule out as usually at/below 500 ?s
- Also reinstalling drivers didn't do anything
I am rather close to reinstall W10 to rule software out as cause at that point. '); }