need help with choosing 1060 vs 580
Hello guys, I'm making a new build, and I'm torn between a Zotac 1060 6gb AMP and a Gigabyte rx580 8gb gaming. Where i live (outside the US) they are priced like this:
Zotac 1060 6gb AMP! = U$S 380
Gigabyte RX580 8gb Gaming = U$S 405
More info on the cards:
My plan is to make it last at least 2 years, 3 years would be great. I will use the monitor in my sig, which is 1600x900, maybe in 1-2 years i will change it to a 1080p one. From the research i have been able to do, this are the pros and cons:
Zotac 1060 6gb amp!:
- Solid performance all around, in some Amd titles has lower performance, like 10fps less on average.
-Very low power consumption (like half of the rx580).
- Adequate cooler, it's not a performer but it works.
- Can OC it decently getting close to 2000mhz in the core with boost.
- 6gb vs 8gb of the 580.
- No freesync.
- Perfomance lags in many dx12 games (i know most are amd titles) and 1 vulkan title (doom), it's not encouraging for the future.
Gigabyte rx 580 8gb gaming:
- Solid perfomance all around in more newer games, but in old titles and some new nvidia titles lags behind 5-14 fps.
- Has 8gb of ram.
- Potential better performance in dx12 and vulkan.
- This version has the same cooler as the rx 480 g1 from gigabyte, infamous for having a sub par cooler. Gigabyte addressed that changing the fan profile in the bios for the rx480, so the changes are also in the rx580 version. But still it's a weak cooler.
- Horrible power consumption for the performance, almost double of the 1060. If i buy this i will undervolt the card.
- OC potential non-existent, the performance i would get by OCing is pointless to me compared with the increased power consumption, also the cooler is not that good, and having it running at 85°C is the case is a no no for me.
Looking at the prices and what's available where i live those are my best choices. ¿Can you help me guys to choose? I can't make up my mind, thanks! '); }